Adapted from jalapenomadness.com.
Makes 6-8 burgers.
2 lb ground beef
1 medium onion, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic
2-3 seeded and cored jalapeno peppers
1/4 cup hot sauce (I like Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce.)
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 sea salt
mixed salad greens
- Place onion, garlic, and jalapeno in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- In a large bowl, mix peppers, onion, garlic and 1/4 cup hot sauce. Add ground beef and use your hands to mix it thoroughly without compacting the beef too much. Form the meat into 6-8 patties.
- Refrigerate until ready to grill.
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Place a sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil on the grill grate.
- Place patties on the foil and grill for approximately 5 minutes on each side or until cooked to your desired degree of doneness.
- To serve, place a generous amount of salad greens on your plate. Top with a burger, then garnish with guacamole, salsa, and hot sauce.