Adapted from Primal Blueprint Quick and Easy Meals, Mark Sisson and Jennifer Meier.
3 Tbsp grass-fed butter
1 tsp ancho chile powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 1-inch thick pork chops
8 carrots, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- Heat the grill to medium high.
- Melt butter and mix in spices and salt.
- Drizzle half the butter mixture over the carrots, tossing to coat.
- Brush the remaining butter mixture over both sides of the pork chops.
- Grill the pork chops and carrots for 5 minutes on each side, then turn heat down to medium, or remove from direct heat for a charcoal grill.
- Cook for an additional 3 minutes. Remove carrots from grill; they should be tender at this point. Check your pork and continue to cook until done.
NOTE: It is important to cook pork properly. It should be firm, not mushy, and juices should be clear, not pink. According to Answers.com, internal temperature taken at the thickest point should be 155 degrees for medium and 170 degrees for well done. (I'm not a fan of dry, gray meat so we never eat anything well done.)