1 spaghetti squash
1 small eggplant, peeled and cubed
4 uncooked sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
1 Tbsp coconut or olive oil
- Pierce the squash several times with a fork or sharp knife, being sure to pierce all the way through to the middle.
- Microwave whole squash at 70 percent power for 15 minutes. Check to see if skin is softened, then continue to microwave in 5 minute increments until skin is very soft and pliable.NOTE: Be sure NOT to cook on full power AND that you pierce the squash all the way through, otherwise, you may end up with a squash explosion in your microwave.
- Remove squash from microwave and let it rest for 5-10 minutes to let it finish steaming.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out and discard the seeds. Scrape squash "noodles" from skin into a bowl and keep warm.
- While squash cooks, warm olive oil in a large skillet. Add sausage, eggplant, onion, and garlic. Saute until sausage is cooked through and eggplant is very soft, 10-15 minutes. Add 1/2 of spaghetti squash into the skillet, stir gently, and saute another 5 minutes or until ingredients are well combined.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with parsley and toss gently to combine.