roasted red bell pepper and garlic turkey sausage (Ferndale Market, www.ferndalemarketonline.com)
natural casing cooked bratwurst (Boars Head)
seasoned pork sausage links (Wallace Farms)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 tsp chopped thyme
3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
5 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Poke sausages all over with a knife. Thread each type of sausage onto skewers. Brush the sausages with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the sausages, turning, until cooked through. (approximately 10 minutes for the pork sausages, 12 minutes for the bratwurst, and 25 minutes for the Italian sausages)
- While sausages are cooking, combine garlic, thyme, vinegar, and oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the cooked sausages and serve with sauerkraut grilled onions or your favorite veggie side.