2 pounds lamb stew meat
bamboo skewers, soaked in water
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp sea salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Put lamb in a bowl. Add the olive oil, salt, and pepper, tossing gently to coat. Marinade 1 hour or longer. The longer you marinade, the more tender the lamb will be. I marinated for an entire day.
- Preheat broiler. Place lamb 2-3 inches under the broiler and broil until just cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Turn over and cook on the other side until the meat is brown, about 2 minutes. (Alternatively, grill on a grill for 2-3 minutes a side, until cooked through to medium rare).
- Transfer to a platter and serve immediately with chimichurri.
2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped*
2 cups fresh mint, chopped*
2 cups fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped*
1/2 tsp lemon zest
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 to 1 tsp sea salt
*I chopped in a food processor.
- Mix the garlic, mint, and parsley in a medium bowl.
- Add the lemon zest and juice, oil, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Transfer to a small serving bowl and garnish with a sprig of parsley or mint.