Adapted from Food and Wine, 2004.
Two 1-pound pork tenderloins
1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
1 Tbsp minced fresh sage
1 Tbsp minced fresh rosemary
1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
freshly ground black pepper
1 pint strawberries, 1/3-inch diced (about 1 1/4 cups)
1 cup mango, 1/3-inch diced
2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
2 Tbsp minced red onion
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rub each tenderloin with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Combine parsley, sage, and rosemary in a shallow dish or plate. Place the pork in the dish, roll it in the herbs, and pat to coat. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large oven-proof skillet. Add tenderloins and brown over medium heat for 4 minutes on each side. Transfer skillet to oven and continue cooking pork until it registers about 145 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, about 15 minutes. Remove to a cutting board and let rest for 15 minutes. Carve into 1/2-inch slices.
- In the meantime, mix all salsa ingredients in a medium bowl and drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil.
- To serve, place several slices of tenderloin on each plate and top with salsa. Great served with paleo caprese salad.