4 medium boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb)
freshly ground black pepper
8 large basil leaves
4 large, thin slices of prosciutto
1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Light a medium charcoal fire or set a gas grill to medium high.
- Season each chicken breast with pepper.
- Lay one piece of prosciutto on a cutting board, put one basil leaf in the middle of the prosciutto and set the chicken on top. Lay a second piece of basil on the chicken and wrap the prosciutto around the breast and basil, overlapping the ends.
- Brush chicken packet lightly with olive oil.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Reduce the heat on the gas grill to medium. Grill the chicken breasts, covered, until they are well marked, about 4 minutes. Flip and cook, turning every few minutes, until chicken is cooked through, about 10-12 minutes more. Serve with vegetables with walnut dressing or your favorite side dish.