1/4 cup coconut aminos
2 Tbsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp coconut vinegar
1 tsp minced garlic
1.25 - 1.5 pound flank steak
- Combine aminos, oil, vinegar, and garlic in a rimmed glass baking dish or resealable plastic bag.
- Place steak in the marinade and turn to coat. Cover dish or seal bag and marinate for 3 or more hours. The longer you marinate, the better the flavor will be. I marinated my steak for 6 hours and it was very flavorful. You can even marinate this one overnight.
- When ready to grill, preheat grill to medium high.
- Remove steak from marinade and place on grill grate. Transfer marinade to a small sauce pan.
- Grill steak to your desired degree of doneness, about 3-5 minutes per side for grass-fed steak. Transfer steak to cutting board and let it rest under tented foil for 5 minutes.
- Bring marinade to a boil over medium heat and let it boil for 3-5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- To serve, thinly slice flank steak against the grain. Arrange 3-5 pieces on each plate and drizzle with boiled marinade. Serve with Thai-style cole slaw on the side.