Adapted from Primal Blueprint Quick and Easy Meals, Mark Sisson and Jennifer Meier.
2 fish fillets, any type
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup raw almonds, whole or sliced
2 garlic cloves
1 roasted red pepper (roast your own or use jarred)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 to 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar or coconut vinegar
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
freshly ground black pepper
1-2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 package fresh baby spinach
1 tsp minced fresh garlic
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes, garlic cloves, and almonds to skillet. Saute, stirring occasionally so that the ingredients brown evenly, for 5 minutes or until tomatoes are soft. Transfer mixture to the bowl of a food processor. Add red pepper, olive oil, vinegar, red pepper flakes, and cinnamon, and process until smooth.
- Season fish with salt and pepper. Add coconut oil to pan over medium-high heat.
- Add fish to pan and saute 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In the meantime, add a little coconut oil to another pan and saute spinach and 1 tsp minced garlic until wilted, but still bright green. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide spinach evenly between plates. Transfer fish to plate and top with warm Romesco sauce.