Monday, January 24, 2011

Eggs, Meat, and Vegetables

There's really no recipe required for this meal, which happens to be my go-to breakfast, pretty much seven days a week. I love the combination of nitrate-free breakfast sausage, eggs, and vegetables. Applegate Farms carries some great paleo-friendly sausage varieties--I usually pick up whatever is in stock. If I have leftover meat from dinner, I may substitute that instead. Any type will do: steak, pork, chicken...even crab or shrimp. For the vegetable, I use leftovers from dinner or whatever is in the fridge, usually with a little chopped onion thrown in for flavor. In this photo, I used a combination of chopped zucchini core left over from zucchini noodles, and cooked butternut squash from a veggie hash. I often sprinkle a bit of fennel powder on the veggies just to shake it up a bit, along with some pepper. And hot sauce usually tops it all off! Take a look in your fridge and see what you can have for breakfast tomorrow...

2 comments: