Adapted from The Food Network.
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil + more to coat pan
freshly ground black pepper
2 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
1/2 cup organic chicken broth
1 tsp lemon zest
- In a large resealable plastic bag, add the first 7 ingredients (vinegar through pepper). Seal and shake or knead the mixture with your hands to combine.
- Add chicken thighs to the bag, seal it, and toss to coat. Refrigerate thighs overnight, flipping the mixture in the morning (or every several hours).
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place chicken on a rimmed baking sheet, coated with olive or coconut oil.
- Bake until the chicken is cooked through, about 45 minutes. If skin is browned before chicken is done, cover with foil for the remainder of the baking time.
- Remove cooked chicken from pan and keep warm.
- Set pan on a stovetop burner over medium-low heat. Add chicken broth and lemon zest, scraping up the browned bits with a wooden spoon and stirring to combine.
- To serve, plate the chicken thighs and drizzle the pan drippings over the chicken.