3 stalks celery, roughly chopped
1/2 Granny Smith apple, roughly chopped
2 carrots, roughly chopped
3 scallions, white or red (I used red from my CSA), roughly chopped (Reserve a few for garnish.)
1/2 cup raw macadamias (or almonds)
meat of 1 rotisserie chicken, about 4 cups, torn into pieces
1/2 cup paleo mayonnaise
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
sea salt (optional)
freshly ground pepper
3-4 firm tomatoes
6-8 large lettuce leaves
1 avocado, sliced
|Roughly chop ingredients before |
transferring to food processor.
- Pulse first 5 ingredients in food processor until just chopped and well combined.
- Add chicken and pulse a couple more times to combine.
- Transfer mixture into a large bowl. Add paleo mayonnaise and vinegar and stir well to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the stem section from each tomato. Using a tomato knife or another sharp knife. Cut tomato into 8-10 sections, letting them fall flat to form a wheel-like pattern. Repeat for all tomatoes.
- To serve, set 2 lettuce leaves on each plate. Set tomato on top. Scoop 1/2 to 1 cup chicken salad into center of each tomato, depending on the size of the tomato. Garnish with chopped scallions. Serve with avocado slices. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.