Adapted from myrecipes.com.
3 tsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, about 1 pint, halved
2 Tbsp + 1 tsp good quality balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
1/4 + 1/8 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup paleo mayonnaise
1 Tbsp whole grain Dijon mustard (I like Maille.)
1 garlic clove, minced
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or use what you've got, bone-in or boneless thighs, breasts, pieces, or even leftover rotisserie chicken will work)
2 cups fresh spinach
|Evenly spread a thin layer of mayonnaise |
mixture on each chicken thigh.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place in a glass baking dish and bake for 20 minutes. (Increase baking time, if needed, based on the type of chicken you use.)
- While chicken is baking, in a large oven-proof skillet, heat 1 tsp olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 4 minutes, stirring once.
- Remove from heat; stir in 2 Tbsp vinegar. Sprinkle with thyme, 1/4 tsp salt, and pepper.
- Place in oven and bake in for 10 minutes. Chicken and tomato mixture should be done around the same time.
- Whisk together paleo mayonnaise, mustard, and garlic in a small bowl.
- To serve, divide spinach evenly between two plates or shallow bowls. Drizzle with oil and vinegar and toss gently to coat. Top with chicken thighs. Evenly spread a thin layer of mayonnaise mixture on each thigh.
- Spoon roasted tomatoes on top and serve immediately.